Mihai is guest blogging this so that he has a digital copy of the recipe, instead of always having to dig up the piece of paper that it's on.
½ cup milk
2 tablespoons butter, melted in the microwave
1 tablespoon extra-light olive oil
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 tablespoon sugar
½ teaspoon salt
1. Put the milk, butter, and egg into a large bowl and beat lightly. Set aside.
2. Mix all of the dry ingredients together in a separate bowl.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredient bowl all at once and mix slightly.
4. Add the olive oil to the batter and mix a bit more.
5. Add more milk (about ¼ cup) to the batter until it gets to the consistency of heavy cream. It shouldn't be perfectly smooth, small lumps are OK.
6. Heat up oil in a frying pan on low-medium heat.
7. Drop dollops of the batter using a small ladle and cook until bubbles stop popping (usually a couple of minutes).
8. Flip over with a spatula and cook the other side (usually for another minute).
9. Instead of maple syrup, accompany with sour cream and jam: mix a tablespoon of each on your plate, and top each pancake with a thin layer.